Ratna Jyoti: Benefits of Zircon -Baikrantamoni
Benefits and Uses
Married life or love of a person is controlled by Venus. This stone strengthens the Venus and brings in passion, understanding, romance and satisfaction in one’s relationship. Zircon is highly recommended for people who want peace in their married life or love affair. People wearing Zircon have an artistic or a glamorous profession like acting, singing, music, dance etc. Medically this stone protects from hormonal imbalance related ailments. It is also believed that this stone benefits the urinary and reproductive system. It brings in a feel of confidence to its wearer. It also helps in improving social life of its wearer.
Mohs Scale Hardness: 6.5-7.5
Ruling Planet: Venus
Refractive Index: 1.810-2.024
Colors: Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow, White, Brown, Pink, Purple and Grey.
Places where found: Cambodia, Burma, Sri Lanka, Australia, Tanzania, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Zircons are not very costly and are easily available. They are very commonly used in imitation jewelries. Its uses are:
• It augments physical and mental strength of its wearer and is good for meditation.
• It helps in bringing visions and dreams to reality.
• It provides physical, emotional and spiritual balance.
• It brings abundance and prosperity to the family of the wearer.
• Zircon is is a very good stone for women. It helps them get along better with other women and gain superiority.
• It provides clear passage to blocked energies in the body and brings overall harmony.
• In the matters of Health, Zircon is a blessing to the people who have abdominal problems or diseases of the genitalia or reproductive system.
• Zircon helps in curing dizziness and muscle problems.
• It can be worn in necklaces, rings, pendants and bracelets. Besides beauty.
• This stone helps in enhancing the memory of the wearer.
• It helps in preventing migraine attacks and the weariness that comes with old age.
• It helps in healing the lungs, bronchial and general respiratory problems.
• It brings peace and purity to the heart.
• It is also said to be good for pregnant women and in giving them the strength to give birth.
• Zircon makes the wearer inquisitive and increases their interest in science and in the knowledge of the truth.
• This stone is known to be beneficial to those who have allergies or are suffering from asthma.
• It gives a strong feeling of confidence and strength to the wearer.
• It is believed that this stone possesses magical abilities which help in erasing negativity and the feelings of deception from the mind of the person who wears it.
• It has been used as a symbol of purity for many years.
Hindu poets tell of the Kalpavriksha Tree, the tree of miracles capable of granting all wishes, which was a lustrous, resplendent tree covered with gemstones as fruits with leaves of zircon.
1) It is the substitute Gemstone for Venus and used instead of a Diamond or White Sapphire. Since it represents the planet of Beauty and Luxury- Venus it is a good gemstone for getting financial luck and wealth.
2) It has a positive impact on the beauty of the body. The person wearing a White Zircon gets the Venusian Powers of attraction.
3) It has found to be useful in managing Diabetes and ailments of the reproductive system.
4) White Zircon brings in happiness, harmony and love in an interpersonal relationship. It is a very good crystal for marital life.
5) It is a lucky gemstone for those involved in creative careers and entertainment such as music, acting, public relations, event management, artists and writers. It makes it wearer attractive and popular.
6) White Zircon removes evil and fearful thoughts and blesses with self confidence.
7) White Zircon has the capacity to give relief in upper respiratory tract problems, bronchial infections, asthma, cold and cough.
8) It guards against nightmares and helps one get good sleep.
9) It has a direct impact on increasing the appetite and is advised for those suffering from anorexia.
10) Colorless White Zircon clears the aura and boosts the immunity system granting good health.
What are the astrological benefits of Zircon?
Zircon is a widely known gemstone which is often used as a substitute for diamond. It is a beautiful gemstone and is available in a number of colors. Its wide variety of color has made it a popular choice for making jewelry. You can make rings, pendants and many other forms of jewelry with zircon. The sheen of this gemstone is because of its high refractive index. Apart from all these properties that the stone possesses, it has many spiritual and astrological benefits. It is also known as 'Gold Stone' in Arabic.
Gemstones have been used as a part of astrology since long. Many people say what can a stone do to the destiny of a person. We have been receiving constant requests to put up an article on detailed explained of the rationale or science behind it, if any. We intend to cater to this request soon, but in the meantime just enjoy reading the post on uses of zircon in astrology.
Zircon in Astrology
In astrology zircon is used to protect our body and mind from harmful energy emitted my celestial bodies in our solar system. It is also believed to carry certain characteristics which act in a positive manner to attract the vibrations of wealth, self confidence, self esteem and wisdom. It is also associated with love and happiness. Some diseases it is believed to cure include epilepsy, fever and insanity. It was also believed that the wearer should maintain the shine on there gem because without shine it would change its power from good to negative.
In astrology color plays a major part in our world and without color our existence would be limited. Other factors that influence our existence are motion and light. These three when brought together, give way to seven colors represented in the rainbow. These colors are- red, orange, yellow, blue, indigo and violet. Zircon shares this color variation thus making them carry significant value in astrology, so being used as healing powers. Each color represents a different body part.
Uses Of Zircon In Astrology
Zircon is a gemstone found in many colors, transparent, green, blue brown, yellow, orange and red. These colors are caused by impurities that are incorporated in the mineral during the formation of the gem. They are semi precious and brittle meaning they can get damaged easily.
Features of Good Zircon
Good quality zircon should be clear with no impurities within its structure. We can check its quality by simply placing the gem on a source of light to detect any cracks, chips or impurities that may be within the gem.
Effects of Different Colours of Zircon
The following table gives a brief indication of the uses of different types of Zircon in astrology. Please remember this is an approximate guide. You should always consult a good astrologer to actually wear any stone for astrological purposes.
Coloured Zircon Table
Overview: Zircon is a very brilliant stone because of high refractive index. It is also very hard and well suited for a wide range of jewelry uses. Zircons high refractive index and strong dispersion causes it to have great brilliance. An important identification mark for all zircons, except the green, is a strong double refraction easily seen under the loupe at the facet edges. Zircon is quite brittle and sensitive to knocks and pressure. Blue and green are the most desirable zircons.
Healing Power: Zircon relieves pain. It is said to whet one's appetite. Zircon also prevents nightmares and ensures a deep tranquil sleep.
Mystical Power: Zircon supposedly helps one be more at peace with oneself. Zircon is believed to provide the wearer with wisdom, honor and riches. The lost of luster on a Zircon stone is said to warn of danger. Jacinth helps rising one's self-esteem.
Legend: The gem was used in Greece and Italy as far back as 6th Century A.D. Zircons were being marketed as diamonds in the 14th century, after faceting began. Early mines were in France and Sri Lanka . The name appears to come from the Persian word zargun, which means gold-colored, though brownish-gold is only one version of the zircon. In the symbolic Kalpa Tree of the Hindu religion, green zircon represents the trees foliage.
Occurence: Today, the most common sources are Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar and Australia.
Color: Prized among gem collectors, zircon is available in a wide range of colors.
Care: Avoid harsh abrasives.